Today’s Wordle #783 Hints, Clues And Answer For Friday, August 11th

Today’s Wordle #783 Hints, Clues And Answer For Friday, August 11th

TGIF! Dear Wordlers, the weekend is almost here, and today is 2XP Friday, so if you're playing Competitive Wordle (read the regulations below), you may double your points (for better or worse).


I've had a fairly exciting week of gaming, going out, and exercising a ton—at OrangeTheory and while hiking with my dogs. I believe this to be one of, if not the finest week of the whole year for me; in fact, thinking about it makes me feel a bit uneasy. I believe that my tendency to become used to feeling bad leads to a state of depressed complacency. Ironically, I start to feel worried out when things go smoothly. It will all undoubtedly get chaotic shortly!

I believe I developed this over the previous five years, and I want to eradicate it from myself. It's not terrible to be cautious, but you may go too far. Like pain, doubt has a place in our self-preservation. However, there are moments when we also require optimism, trust, and even recklessness. Fortune favours the brave and suchlike.

How To Solve Today’s Wordle


Wordle Bot Analysis


Greetings to you.


I'm not sure why my first estimate of hairy was chosen. At the time, that seemed like a fantastic beginning phrase, and it was! After my initial guess, I had only 21 options left. By guessing "house," which had three complete vowels, I was able to reduce it to just 1 (note to self: use "house" as an opening guess).

This left me saying little more than "hello," which became instantly apparent. Cheers to me!

Today's Results

Like yesterday, I correctly identified this in three, earning me 1 point. Wordle Bot correctly identified this in three, earning me 0 points. totaling 1 point. Not bad at all!

Wordle etymology for today

Although it is a ubiquitous greeting in English, "hello" has a very recent derivation. The phrase is said to have its roots in the nineteenth century and became well-known with the invention of the telephone.

The word "hello" was first used as a greeting in English around the middle of the nineteenth century. It is believed to be a derivative of the previous hullo or hallo, which were signals for surprise or to draw attention. It's possible that these variants were affected by words with a similar sound from other languages, such the French "hola" or the German "hallo."

But the word "hello" didn't become widely used until the telephone got widely used. upon he created the telephone in the late 19th century, Alexander Graham Bell recommended using the word "hello" as a default greeting upon picking up the queue. This suggestion made the phrase more well-known, and people began to use it as the standard opening line for phone calls.

Since the origins of "hello" are unclear and may have been influenced by prior greetings, the telephone and Alexander Graham Bell may be mostly blamed for its widespread use and rise to fame.

Play Competitive Wordle Against Me!

I've been engaged in a bloody PvP Wordle battle with Wordle But. You should now compete with me! I can be your worst enemy! (And, of course, your useful Wordle guide). If you have a New York Times membership, you may also compete against the Bot.

  • Here are the rules:1 point for getting the Wordle in 3 guesses.
  • 2 points for getting it in 2 guesses.
  • 3 points for getting it in 1 guess.
  • 1 point for beating Erik
  • 0 points for getting it in 4 guesses.
  • -1 point for getting it in 5 guesses.
  • -2 points for getting it in 6 guesses.
  • -3 points for losing.
  • -1 point for losing to Erik
If keeping score is your thing, you can do that, or if you'd like, you can just play every day.

Dear Wordlers, I would like it if you followed me on Twitter or Facebook. Enjoy your beautiful day!

As usual, if you want to remain up to date on all my TV, movie, and video game reviews and coverage, please follow me on my site, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and join my Substack. Thanks!




Previous Post Next Post